Thanks to the wonderful imagination of Hollywood and TV, there have been so many things portrayed in the media about hypnosis that can fall under the category of “Fake News.”
Here is a list of some things people have been told about hypnosis that could not be further from the truth.
- Hypnosis is Mind Control. Hypnosis cannot get you to go against your morals or your beliefs or character. Because of this, anyone from any religion can practice hypnosis. You cannot change anyone’s values. Instead, hypnosis helps you to take back control of your own mind, so you can change the thoughts feelings and behaviors you want to change.
- You won’t be aware of what is going on in the room. During hypnosis you are completely in control and aware of your surroundings. In fact, you can move in the chair or a cough and sneeze and it will not interfere with the hypnosis at all.
- Only weak minded can be hypnotized. You must be able to use your imagination and follow directions for hypnosis so therefore you must be of average to above average intelligence.
- Hypnosis is sleep. Hypnosis is a deep form of relaxation with a focused state of concentration. You are not asleep. You are in a state of trance which is equivalent to an alpha brainwave. The same waves you have as you are drifting off to sleep. This is the most programmable time for your mind.
- You will bark like a dog or cluck like a chicken. Really? Come on. I get this question often. Even stage hypnotists don’t use this in their acts anymore. Stage hypnosis is a form of hypnosis that is used for entertainment purposes. In therapeutic hypnosis, however, the suggestions made are used to make the changes and improvements you want and desire.
- Hypnosis is a truth serum. Hypnosis will not make you tell your deepest and darkest secrets. If this were true it would make police interrogation much simpler because the cops would only have to hypnotize the criminal to get the answers.
- You can be hypnotized against your will. Hypnosis is a consensual state meaning you must want to go into trance or you will not go. You cannot force someone into a daydream so therefore, you cannot hypnotize someone who chooses not to go into trance.
- You can get stuck in hypnosis. FALSE. No one can be stuck permanently in a trance. That is like saying you can get stuck in a daydream or stuck in a movie or video game.
So, what is hypnosis if it’s not any of those things?
Hypnosis is a state of focused concentration where you put your conscious mind on hold and make the suggestions for the changes you want to make to your subconscious mind. That is the control center and it’s yours to reprogram anytime you choose.
These suggestions create new neural pathways allowing you to make the changes you choose.
Change your thoughts change your life!
Regardless of whether you want to stop smoking, improve your test scores, reduce your weight, improve your sales results or reduce your anxiety and stress hypnosis, will help you get the results you are looking for.
I teach all my clients self-hypnosis, so they can continue to reinforce the seeds that have been planted and come back having reached their goals and set new higher goals that become so easy to achieve.
Ready to change your life by changing your thoughts?
If you are not local to my office in Cheshire, Connecticut, no worries at all. Tele-Video Hypnosis is just as effective as seeing me at my office. Contact me NOW so you can reach the goals you are worthy and deserving of receiving.