The moment you have been anticipating and waiting for since you entered high school has now arrived! It’s time to start packing and buying all the things you will need to go away to school. As exciting as it is, it can still be scary.
Social anxiety is a big issue for many college students.
College Anxiety and Mental Health Issues
There have been many studies on social anxiety and college students in regards to alcohol and drug use. It appears that social anxiety is often a pre-cursor for drug and alcohol use when going away to school.
There is of course a normal feeling of being uncomfortable and being shy when entering into any new social situation. This does not mean you are suffering from social anxiety. Comfort levels in social situations vary based on personalities traits and life experiences.
As we are learning, the Millennial Generation is having a difficult time adjusting socially based on many factors ranging from social media and texting to overprotective parents.
Signs and Symptoms of Social Anxiety in College Students
In contrast to everyday nervousness, social anxiety includes fear, anxiety, panic attacks, and avoidance that interfere with your daily routine, work, school or other activities.
Here are some signs and symptoms of social anxiety issues:
- Fear of situations in which you may be judged
- Worrying about embarrassing or humiliating yourself
- Concern that you’ll offend someone
- Intense fear of interacting or talking with strangers
- Fear that others will notice that you look anxious
- Fear of physical symptoms that may cause you embarrassment, such as blushing, sweating, trembling or having a shaky voice
- Avoiding doing things or speaking to people out of fear of embarrassment
- Avoiding situations where you might be the center of attention
- Having anxiety in anticipation of a feared activity or event
- Spending time after a social situation analyzing your performance and identifying flaws in your interactions
- Expecting the worst possible consequences from a negative experience during a social situation
How to Manage Anxiety in College Students: Hypnosis Can Help
The good news is there is help using hypnosis for social anxiety.
Hypnosis for social anxiety works to reprogram your subconscious mind to reduce the fears worries and stress that come from being socially anxious. Your subconscious mind is having a conditioned response based on things you have said to yourself or imagined could or will happen. By taking the time to put the conscious mind on hold while you use hypnosis to speak to the subconscious minds, you will create new neural pathways and “overwrite” old programs that no longer serve you.
The benefit of using hypnosis for social anxiety is that it is completely natural with no side effects. Many medications that are given for social anxiety can become habit forming and have a list of side effects.
I have worked with many students like you and they have been extremely successful in overcoming their social anxiety using hypnosis. The results were they able to participate more in activities and not need alcohol or drugs to feel more comfortable in social situations.
Contact Miracles Hypnosis Center
Many of the students I have worked with were not local to my office in Cheshire, Connecticut, so they used my online tele-hypnosis program for social anxiety right from the comforts of their own room.
It all starts with a free 20-minute confidential phone conversation, so we can work together to use hypnosis to reduce your social anxiety. I look forward to hearing from you so CONTACT ME NOW, so you can get the relief that you are worthy and deserving of receiving.